The Chinese Reconciliation Park Phase 3 project includes the architectural/engineering design and construction of the following enhancement features:
- Fencing designed with Chinese motif to screen park guests from the parking lot and nearby road.
- Signage designed with Chinese motif, including but not limited to a welcome sign, two interpretive signs, ADA parking signs and other miscellaneous parking signs.
- Parking lot of 30 to 40 spaces, including earthwork, drainage, paving, striping and code required landscaping.
- Two up-lights at the Fuzhou Ting near the back corner of the park to enhance illumination and security and upgrades of the existing lights underneath the bridge to light up the parking lot.
- Landscaping enhancement with plants including irrigation where needed.
- Removal of approximately 1,000 cubic yards of metals contaminated soils.
Project Funding Update
|Historical Society Grant||$400,000|
|Open Space Fund||$130,000|
|Phase||Start Date||End Date|
|Design||January 2, 2014||October 31, 2014|
|Advertise||December 16, 2014||February 28, 2015|
|Construction||May 15, 2015||August 8, 2015|
Be Informed, Get Involved
You can contact City Project Manager Chris Storey (253) 573-2484, with questions, concerns or comments. You are also invited to contact Chris to get email updates on public meetings, events and notices.
Information shared from City of Tacoma.